Thursday, March 4, 2010

March: In like a Lion, a Lion like Aslan

Four days in and March is already treating me better than February. February wasn't terrible but between snowstorms, retreats, meetings and homework I was beginning to drown. March 1 woke me up with sunshine and a wide, blue sky.
In the first four days I've had classes start late (=more sleep), meetings run quickly, good interviews and some time to watch TV. This weekend looks freer than past weekends. I discovered that I can sell my notes (that I'm already taking) for an NYU bookstore gift card. My mom sent my W2 forms so I can file my taxes and hopefully get some money back. Family and friends are donating money to support my Alternative Breaks spring break service trip. I realized that though I have papers, I have no midterm exams.

Some clouds could blow in but my reaction to them will define how I feel, not the clouds themselves. Papers, readings, co-curricular issues and a spring break w/out time for homework will all complicate the upcoming weeks. Even so, so long as I push through and keep an eye for the sun behind the clouds, I'll be fine. Every dark shadow is created solely by the power of a bright light.

Also, and most exciting, March 6 gave me the news I've been hoping for. I was selected to be an RA in Goddard. Over 600 people applied for a handful of openings. I'll get to work with freshmen, helping them settle in here at NYU and I'll get free housing and meal plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment