Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm Not Alone

I found a website today that works on a similar principle as the one which I proposed last week. My Impact allows users to track and share their volunteer activities via twitter. It has a good layout and sponsors and is easy to navigate. The idea's really solid and the twitter integration is certainly a good idea.

Though we might compete, I don't think that the existence of MyImpact precludes the utility of another option, specifically one connected to Facebook. The FacebookConnect option allows for more social connections for volunteerism and would allow for a larger userbase, as more people are on Facebook than Twitter.

I'll keep looking for other sites that work on similar ideas as mine. And, good luck and all the best MyImpact!

No comments:

Post a Comment